Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Strawberry Pie


As far as homemade pies go, this one is really easy to make, it probably took me 20 minutes total, then the chill time of an hour or so...

Maybe I'm so far into the Daniel Fast that my taste buds have been transformed, but I thought this pie might just be yummy enough to eat even AFTER the fast is over! Let me know what you think.

Pie shell:
  • 1 c. raw almonds or 1/2 c. almonds and 1/2 c. cashews
  • 1 c. pitted dates
1. Grind nuts in food processor until finely chopped.
2. Add dates and blend well.
3. Press into pie plate from center to outside rim.

Filling: 
  • 7-8 large strawberries
  • 5 soft pitted dates
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 1 T. lemon juice
1. Blend it all in a food processor until well mixed.
2. Slice 1-2 pints strawberries and fold into pie filling.
3. Fill pie shell. Decorate the top with a few extra strawberries if you want :)
4. Chill for an hour or more before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment